Modern Distillers Ltd donated 2550 Hand Sanitizers to Uganda Civil Aviation Authority on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 to ease the work of the frontline workers in guarding against the spread of COVID – 19 at Entebbe International Airport.
The items were handed over by Mr. Vishan Patel, the Director of Modern Distillers Ltd, to the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority Ag. General Manager, Mr. Emmanuel Barungi at the UCAA Head office.
“The items will be put to good use to mitigate the spread of COVID – 19 at Entebbe International Airport”, said Mr. Barungi as he received the safety equipment.
He expressed gratitude towards Modern Distillers’ Limited. “I thank Modern Distillers Ltd for the benevolent gesture, which is aimed at enhancing safety of airport workers and passengers,” he said.
Mr. Balungi noted that a number of interventions had been undertaken by Government of Uganda and are being implemented by UCAA to provide a conducive environment for the users of Entebbe International Airport.
Such Interventions include:
- Installation of automated sanitizers at various points within the terminal building.
- Social distancing marks on the ground and on passenger waiting seats within the lounges.
- Erection of glass shields at Immigration and check in counters to avoid direct interface of officers with the passengers.
- Emphasis on wearing of face masks at the airport.
- Temperature screening at all points of entry to the airport.
- There are ongoing efforts to create more space in the waiting lounges by removing the partitions to create open lounges that accord more space for social distancing.